SO the chemical attraction is there, the two of you enjoy being with each other, and you’re considering moving to the next step of a committed relationship. Before you do, make sure you go through a checklist of things that you both will have to endure (meaning things within you – are you being what you want to commit to?) for a long – lasting loving relationship.
- Your potential (love) is open to mention any unforgiven grudges he/she may have, AND that he/she is willing to forgive
- Your potential does not seek revenge towards someone
- Your potential is not critical of you or others
- You know what your potential is bringing to the table
- Your potential knows that your relationship is beneficial beyond themselves
- Even when your potential is angered, he/she practices self-control
- Your potential shares their plans with you
- Your potential leaves a tip for servers at the restaurant
- Your potential is driven, in regards to their own dream, regardless of their results
- Your potential does not make excuses for not completing tasks
- Your potential does not joke at the expense of others or is not cynical
- Your potential treats your pets or children with respect – not just “nice”
- Your potential calmly resolves matters without rage or losing self-control
- You don’t make excuses for your potential
- Your potential welcomes time apart from each other
- You have not lost yourself and things about you
- Your potential shows kind, selfless acts without mentioning to you to make you feel guilty
- Your potential practices self-control with spending habits
- Your potential takes time to worship God
- Your potential shares deep communications with you face to face – not text
- Your potential man asks for your hand – and intentions, with you
- You are able to safely plan the wedding without objection from him
- Your potential keeps his/her word – say what they mean and mean what they say
- You are willing to spend your life committed to this person, even through sickness.
- Your potential cares for you when you are sick and is willing to stay with you during sickness and health, good times and bad times, and vice versa.
- Your potential does not, will not, or have not ever threaten physical harm towards you or property
- Your potential has not cheated on you or with you.
- Your potential protects and respects you when he/she are with their friends and does not talk bad about you
- Your potential trusts you and you trust him/her.
- Your relationship is loving and affectionate regardless if sex is in the picture.
- When you prayed for a sign, your gut is settled and calm.
Keep in mind this is all BEFORE the relationship reaches a committed point.